7 Health Benefits of Amla to Acquire This Winter Season
Amla, also known as Indian Gooseberry is native to India and widely loved by all the people here. It is famously known for its nutrient-rich profile and its miraculous benefits for the body, skin, and hair. It is mainly found in two forms – Amla Tablets and Amla Powder. With multiple applications in all the areas, it is safe to say that it is the most diverse, versatile, and beneficial food.
Amla is mostly available easily during the winter season. That is when it is most required too. In the winter season our body, skin, and hair need little extra care and with no doubt, Amla comes to the rescue. It is one of the healthiest foods as it barely consists of any calories and has zero fat. With immense nutrients and antioxidants, it helps us in many ways.
Health benefits Amla:
- Controls Diabetes: Amla is extremely beneficial in controlling blood sugar levels. People with diabetes should include amla in their diet as this sour and juicy delicacy has immense nutritional properties. Amla is not a medicine and cannot cure a lifetime disease such as diabetes but it surely has a medicinal effect and its regular consumption can help you manage the disease. In winter as the climate gets cold, the temperature drops and leads to a rise in blood sugar levels as the body can't get warm enough. Especially during this season, diabetic people can rely on foods like Amla. You can consume Amla tablet for convenience or even have Amla powder with water early in the morning.
- Heart Healthy: Inflammation caused by free radicals can damage your heart and slow it down. It is not a chronic disease but can surely increase the risk of heart diseases and attacks. The antioxidants present in amla fights with the cell-damaging free radicals and reduces other causes of inflammation. It is truly one of the most heart-healthy foods. Regular consumption of its good and natural sources like Amla tablets can be very beneficial for heart patients. Health benefits of Amla tablets include controlling blood pressure, lowering bad cholesterol, and improving good cholesterol. Eating Amla in winter can help you normalize your heart rate in colder environments and keep your body warm.
- Boosts immunity: Keeping your Immunity strong is very important in the winter season. Your body is more prone to bacteria and viruses and the chances of you catching a seasonal cold or flu are very high. Amla is a great source of vitamins and antioxidants that help to strengthen immunity. It helps to fight the toxins away and clean your body from impurities. It also helps to fight the daily doses of germs and bacteria coming your way to keep your body healthy. A daily dose of Amla juice in the morning can help you throughout the day and bear this season. To make Amla juice just mix Amla powder with water and stir it. Add lemon, honey, or sugar according to your preference.
- Great For Skin: Amla is a widely known home remedy for skin. For any skin problems, there is a DIY Amla pack that is very effective. Amla is cheap, easily available, and an incredible ingredient for enhancing your beauty. It is a great source of Vitamin C which provides anti-aging properties and reduces aging symptoms like wrinkles, fine lines, and skin sagging. It is also a great remedy for lightening dark circles and improving your complexion. Mostly Amla powder is used in DIY packs and beauty products to procure the benefits of Amla. However, be conscious and buy 100% pure and natural Amla Powder.
- Beneficial for Hair: We ll have seen our elders munching on Amlas because it a widely known notion that Amla is great for improving the health of the hair. It is one of the most nutritious herbal ingredients for hair care. Its vitamins and antioxidants boost hair growth both length and volume-wise. It also cleanses the scalp effectively by removing all dirt, impurities, and excess oil. It soothes itching, fights dandruff, and acts as a natural hair conditioner. Many commercial products also contain amla extracts but in a very small percentage. If you want quick results then use natural Amla powder in a DIY hair pack along with other beneficial powders like shikakai powder, Aritha powder etc.
- Fights Common Cold and Flu: Common cold and flu are very repetitive in the winter season. They also stay a longer period because the body can't gather the strength to fight the bacteria. In recent times, it has become very important to take care of hygiene and personal health. Many people may get side effects due to the pills they take to prevent the cold and flu. They are surely effective but are of high dosage so may affect other aspects of health. Amla boosts metabolism and helps to build immunity so that these common ailments can be prevented as much as possible.
- Better Digestion: During the winter season, our body has difficulty while digesting food because our body temperature gets low and all the functioning slows down. People who love eating food and want to enjoy winter delicacies may suffer digestion problems like constipation, Diarrhea, etc. Amla being high in fiber mobilizes bowel movements and helps to keep the digestive tract clear. It reduces constipation and inflammation caused in the body and helps to digest the food easily. Eating an Amla ghan tablet after meals can help you with digestion problems. These tablets are natural and do not have any side effects.
Summing it up:
While consuming Amla in any form, i.e. Amla tablets or Amla powder, make sure it is natural and pure. Adulterated products won't provide all the benefits. Also, along with consuming amla make sure to consume a balanced diet and exercise regularly to endure the winter season healthily.