How to boost immunity naturally? 6 Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System Through Diet
As they say, “Prevention is better than cure”. One of the best ways to prevent any diseases from coming your way is to boost your immune system. Our immunity helps in fighting all the foreign invaders and disease-causing bacteria. Boosting immunity is important because when you have low immunity, you keep falling sick and all the chemical tablets make your body weak.
One can strengthen their immunity by leading an overall healthy and active lifestyle. However, there are some natural ways focusing mainly on your diet that can help you strengthen your immunity effectively. Let’s look at some of the ways you can naturally boost your immunity.
- Make turmeric your best friend:- Turmeric is a miraculous spice. The list of its medicinal benefits is never-ending. It consists of an active compound called curcumin that proves to be a very strong anti-oxidant. It not only kills the free radicals that damage immune cells but also prevents chronic diseases like cancer. Organic turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help to evade chronic diseases. You can drink turmeric milk in the morning to gain the benefits of turmeric.
- Rely on the power of herbs:- Herbs consists of antioxidants and active compounds that are beneficial for our health. Herbs act as a natural supplement by providing us with immense nutrients and plant compounds. Ayurveda is practiced for centuries where herbs are used to cure several illnesses and diseases. Herbal formulations like Giloy, Ayush kwath, Sudarshan ghanvati, etc. are 100% natural and help to strengthen the immune system.
- Spice it up with ginger and garlic:- Ginger and garlic are used to spice up your dishes as they have a dominant taste and smell. But they are more than just fiery ingredients in your dishes. Ginger and garlic have several medicinal benefits as well. Organic garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties while ginger is used as a cure to treat cold, cough, and other respiratory problems. Both ginger and garlic maintain the temperature of the body and keep the immune system strong.
- Have a cup or two of green tea:- Green tea is a healthy beverage that is filled with powerful anti-oxidants. Green tea has several health benefits and one of them is boosting the immune system. It not only prevents auto-immune diseases but also increases the production of cells to boost immune function. Green tea keeps your heart healthy and skin youthful. Regularly drinking green tea can help to improve your lifestyle.
- Eat your greens:- When we mention “greens”, we not only talk about vegetables but all plant-based foods. This includes vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds. Plant-based foods have immense nutrients that are required by your body for proper nutrition. These plant foods contribute to your balanced diet in a great way. Nuts like almonds and seeds like sunflower seeds have antioxidant properties that help to strengthen the immune system.
- Limit your intake of sugar:- White refined sugar is harmful to your health if it is consumed in access amount. It makes you prone to several diseases that can weaken your immune system. Since sugar is the most common ingredient and we tend to consume it daily, it’s hard to keep track of how much amount of sugar you eat. It is best to substitute sugar with a natural and unprocessed sweetener like jaggery. Jaggery is not at all harmful to our body and brings along several health benefits.
Summing it up
To improve your immunity naturally, you need to have a balanced diet and practice consuming foods that are healthy for you. It is also important to get good sleep regularly and keep exercising to boost your immune system.