Monsoon is considered to be the most important season for Indians, as it turns the countryside lush, green and colourful and replenishes groundwater reserves across the country. The monsoon also brings with it several adverse effects on our hair, skin and scalp. Monsoons carry humidity, which causes our hair to frizz up and dry out. To combat this problem, you can gradually introduce hair oils to your hair routine to combat the negative effects of the season.
We often struggle to keep it healthy and strong with the oils and treatments we use. However, there is no need to worry because this blog will help you choose the right kind of oil during the monsoon and will also share tips and benefits of hair oiling.
Essential hair oils for the Monsoon season.
- Amla oil: There are many benefits of using amla oil on your hair during the monsoon season. Amla oil is also known for its ability to help control frizz. If you have frizzy hair, amla oil can help to tame it. This is especially helpful in the humid weather of the monsoon season. This oil also helps to keep your hair healthy and strong. It also helps to prevent dandruff and other scalp problems. Amla oil is also known for its conditioning properties that can help to make your hair softer and shinier. Overall, amla oil is a great choice for hair care during the monsoon season.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is a great choice for taking care of your hair during the monsoon season. It can help to protect your hair from the rain. When your hair gets wet, it is more susceptible to damage. Almond oil can help to create a barrier between your hair and the water, which can help to prevent damage.
This oil can help to protect your hair from the dampness and humidity that are common during this time of the year. It can also help to keep your hair safe from getting frizzy and helps it to retain its natural moisture. Finally, almond oil can help to nourish your hair. The monsoon season can be harsh on your hair, causing it to become dry and brittle. Almond oil can help to moisturize your hair and make it strong. Almond oil thus has multiple benefits that will leave your hair looking and feeling its best.
- Jasmine oil: This essential oil is packed with several benefits for the hair, particularly during the monsoon season. Jasmine oil has a very pleasant fragrance. During the monsoon season, your hair can often become damp and sweaty. Applying this oil can help to keep your hair smelling clean and fresh. It can also help to make your hair more manageable. Jasmine oil can also work wonders to tame frizz and make your hair more manageable.
Benefits of hair oiling during rainy days.
The monsoon season is a time when the humidity in the air is high, and your hair can end up looking frizzy and dull. Oiling your hair during this time can help to nourish and protect it from harsh weather conditions. Here are some benefits of oiling your hair during the monsoon season:
- Helps to keep your scalp healthy: Oiling your scalp during the monsoon season can help to prevent dandruff and other scalp problems. It also helps to keep your scalp hydrated and prevents it from becoming dry and flaky.
- Nourishes your hair: Applying oil to your hair helps to nourish and condition it. This is especially important during the monsoon season when your hair can become damaged due to the humid weather conditions.
- Prevents frizz: The monsoon season can be tough on your hair. The humidity in the air can lead to frizz, while the constant exposure to water can strip your hair of its natural oils. This is why it's important to oil your hair during the monsoon. Hair oil can help to keep your hair hydrated and nourished, while also helping to tame frizz giving a smooth and sleek appearance.
- Protects your hair: Applying oil to your hair can help to protect it from the harmful effects of humidity and rain.
- Makes your hair easier to manage: Oiling your hair can make it easier to style and manage during the monsoon.
Tips for Hair Oiling During The Monsoon Season.
- It is advisable to oil your hair at least 2 times a week during the monsoon season. This will help to keep your hair healthy and free from frizz.
- Choose an oil that suits your hair type. For example, if you have dry hair, you can use coconut oil. If you have oily hair, you can use amla oil.
- Apply the oil to your hair from root to tip. Massage your scalp for a few minutes to help the oil penetrate deep into your hair.
- Wrap your head in a warm towel and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour. This will help the oil to work its magic on your hair.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner. Always use lukewarm water for hair washing during the cold monsoon season.
Oiling your hair is not only crucial during the monsoon, but it is also an important part of your hair care routine in general. Not only does it help to keep your scalp and hair hydrated, but it also helps to protect your hair from the damaging effects of humidity and rain. When choosing an oil for your hair, be sure to select one that is suitable for your hair type and needs. With a little bit of care and attention, you can enjoy healthy and beautiful hair all year round.