Ashwagandha: Health Benefits of Magical Herb
Despite the spread of western culture, roots of Indian custom and traditions are still strong. Indian people still believe and apply Indian culture and literature to their daily life. One of the examples would be the popular use of Ayurveda in today’s time. Ayurveda is an ancient old system of holistic healing and continues to provide remedies for the human mind and body ailments.
One such magical formulation is Ashwagandha. It is a medicinal herb that has been used in Ayurveda since ages. For centuries, people have used the parts of this herb to cure several diseases. It is an all-rounder home remedy and general medicinal formulation that not only prevents/cures diseases but also keeps the functioning of the body and mind in check.
Some of the health benefits of Ashwagandha are:
- Boosts immunity: People mostly take the Ayurvedic formulation .i.e. Ashwagandha to boost their immunity. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which prevent cellular damage by free radicals and make the immune system strong. Regular intake can keep a check on the functioning of the immune system so that it constantly fights with disease-carrying bacteria and viruses. We can’t keep a check on our every activity throughout the day in order to prevent catching bacteria or viruses. Hence, taking this herbal remedy once or twice a day can help to clear out the toxins.
- Increases strength: Ashwagandha is a magical herb that increases the strength, energy, and stamina of the body. It makes the bones strong by reducing the risk of injuries and promoting overall bone health. This helps to attain a strong body structure. By also increasing the muscle mass alongside, it improves the body composition which helps to increase strength. Young guys and girls who are gym freaks and want to reduce their body fat percentage can increase their muscle mass by taking take a dose regularly.
- Reduces blood sugar and cholesterol: Ashwagandha keeps the heart healthy and happy. It is known to decrease blood fat and drastically reduce bad cholesterol levels. By lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, it helps to prevent several heart diseases. A great remedy for diabetic people, it also reduces blood sugar levels. It activates the production of insulin in the body and also improves insulin sensitivity. It doesn’t allow the sugar levels to spike after eating meals. Since diabetes can also be caused due to hereditary, Ashwagandha can play a key role in preventing it.
- Improves metabolism: Ashwagandha is known to aggravate Pita dosha that signifies digestion. It regulates the digestion system and keeps a check on the digestive tract. It improves metabolism by producing more energy for the body. More energy leads to more activity and less fatigue. Hence, it keeps a check on the normal functioning of the body. Ashwagandha also clears all the toxins from your body so that your body functions can be restored. Its antioxidant properties fight free radicals in the body and reduce oxidative stress.
- Acts as a pain reliever: Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory properties which means it has the ability to heal wounds and reduce pain. Regular consumption of this herbal remedy may help to increase your capacity to bear the pain. Essentially, it prevents the pain signals from traveling to the brain. It is a blessing in disguise for people suffering from constant pain i.e. arthritis patients. With the help of Ashwagandha, they can seek relief from swelling, pain, and stiffness. It is affordable, effective, and 100% safe.
- Fights the symptoms of stress and anxiety: Ashwagandha is often used as a home remedy to release physical and mental stress. It has a relaxation effect on the body and mind which is why it is also used as an ingredient in many anti-depressants and anxiety-reducing medicines. It reduces the uneasiness and irritability in the body and calms your mind. Not only that, it can also improve your mood by triggering your hormones. Ashwagandha is a natural and safe remedy that you should use for controlling your mood swings.
Summing it up
Since it is an Ayurvedic formulation, it is completely natural and has zero side effects. Unlike chemically inclined medications, this is a general tonic/tablet and does not need a doctor’s prescription. It is more of a natural supplement than a medicine. A normal to medium dose is advisable for those who want to attain the above-mentioned benefits. The most convenient is the tablet form. Many authorized companies are now selling Ashwagandha online.