How can bay leaves benefit you?
Indian cuisine is famous worldwide for making best use of herbs and spices to enhance taste and one such herb found commonly in most of Indian dishes due to its distinctive flavor and aroma is Bay-leaf. Scientifically known as Laurus nobilis bay leaves are available whole as dry or fresh. But with the rise in use of harmful chemicals for farming the need to go organic is a necessity and also organic bay leaves are made with no chemical or harmful pesticides and are cultivated through traditional methods.
Uses of Bay-leaves:
- Bay leaves are mainly used in several dishes like soups, savoury and slow cooked dishes to bring amazing taste to the food.
- Being rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and many useful minerals, bay leaves are also used as medicines for treating various ailments like diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, brain related disorders and many others.
- Bay leaves are also useful in making some of the potent great tea blends which along with having a soothing smell, taste and are very efficient health drinks.
- For grasping its numerous advantages, bay leaf are burnt in many parts of India to purify the atmosphere suiting human health and providing relief in anxiety.
Health benefits of Bay-leaves: Bay leaves are ‘Must Ingredient’ in every kitchen but it is also loaded with plethora of health benefits, which are as follows:
- Improves Digestion: Organic compounds in bay leaves are very efficient in settling upset stomach and providing relief in the gastrointestinal system. Many toxic compounds are consumed through ill eating habits in modern times which could weaken the digestive system. Bay leaves remove these compounds by means of vomiting and urine.
- Heart Friendly: Compounds like Caffeic acid and rutin found in bay leaves strengthen capillary walls in the heart, removing LDL or bad cholesterol and thus making a systematic cardiovascular system.
- Manage diabetes: According to few researches these herbs improves insulin function and cures. Type 2 diabetes. It controls the glucose function and is safe for diabetic patients.
- Anti Inflammatory and Wound Healing Herb: Presence of unique phytonutrient called parthenolide brings one of the most important benefits of bay leaves as it is very efficient in reducing inflammation and also reducing chances of further developing conditions like arthritis. Anti microbial properties of bay leaves heals the wounds completely.
- Anxiety and stress buster: The presence of a compound ‘Linalool’ makes this herb an effective tool to relieve stress and anxiety, reduces chances of depression too, and also provides help in curing disorders related to the brain.
- Keeps Cancer at Bay: In accordance with new research, antioxidants and healthy compounds present in bay leaves are a natural way to protect the body against cancer-causing microbes.
- Gorgeous Skin: Who doesn’t want to have perfect skin when one can have it without the use of toxic chemicals? Bay leaves are rich with antioxidants which improve the quality of the skin. It helps the skin by fighting against pimples and acne, maintaining skin tone as it skin lightening ingredient giving it a radiant and fresh glow.
- Healthy Hairs: The use of bay leaf after hair wash cures dry hairs making them smooth. It also cures other hair-related problems like dandruff, hair loss, and excessive lice, in overall providing a healthy scalp.
Summing it up:
Being a very crucial ingredient to palatable food and also being an age-old medicine with several benefits, bay leaves are boon as herbs especially when they are organic. They are completely safe and natural. You can now buy bay leaves along with other online Ayurvedic remedies only at Refresh.