A much loved part of the western pop-culture is socializing over milkshakes. Being extremely popular in the USA since the 60s, milkshakes are now loved by people around the globe. With time, they have gone through a major evolution as well. From simple shakes with one or two main ingredients, we now have milkshakes with ingredients like whipped cream, pretzels, choco chips, nutella, chocolate twists and more.
Milkshakes prove to be a very versatile drink. If you are skipping dinner or lunch, you can have a fulfilling milkshake. Having a fruit milkshake for breakfast can also prove to be healthy. On the other hand, if you are out in a cafe with friends and crave something sweet, you can opt for a milkshake with fancier toppings and ingredients like chocolate, coffee, honey, cream or more.
Milkshakes became popular because people started using mixers and blenders more and started experimenting with different ingredients. So making milkshakes at home is not at all a tough task. It is something you can always make at home. However, if you don’t feel like going through the whole process, you can also make a milkshake with milkshake premix in just 5 minutes. Different types of desserts can be made with premix, but making milkshake with the premix is the easiest one.
In this blog, we will talk more about milkshakes and our all time favourite flavours.
Why is it called a milkshake?
A milkshake is a refreshing dairy based beverage made mostly from ice cream, milk, and flavoring. Being a dairy shake, it has more nutrients, provides more energy and is considered to be healthier than other beverages. A milkshake can be made with just about any type of ice cream or ready premix, but some of our favorite recipes include chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, mint and other flavored premix. They can be topped with chopped crunchy dry fruits, whipped cream, or ice creams. These yummy shakes happen to be evergreen, be it any season, for eg:- a chocolate milkshake is a comforting and soothing beverage any day.
Why are milkshakes considered healthy and fulfilling?
Milkshakes are considered to be healthy and fulfilling because they are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and calories. They also provide vitamins and minerals, which can help to keep your body healthy. Additionally, milkshakes are high in calories but low in fat. They are a good source of calcium, potassium, and contain vitamins D, A and B12, which are important for the body's normal function.
Milkshakes which are made with quality ingredients keeping nutrition in mind, not only cool you down and refresh you, but also help you take in essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Every sip is healthy and filled with the same creamy dairy goodness and love for milkshake.
Fruit based milkshakes give you benefits of both dairy and fruits. These shakes could be fulfilling if you want to have a light breakfast or lunch. A glass of milkshake can easily satisfy your hunger and provide you required energy.
Different Types of Home-made Milkshake Flavours To Try:
There’s no set manual on how to make a milkshake and what ingredients you should use. You can make a milkshake according to your preference and what ingredients you like. Based on popularity, here are some of the different types of milkshakes.
- Strawberry Flavoured Milkshake: Strawberry milkshake is made with cold milk and strawberry milkshake premix pack. Mix it well and you can add whipped cream or mint to add flavor. Its sweet and fruity flavour is delightful to say the least.
- Chocolate Milkshake: This chocolate milkshake is made with cold milk, chocolate milkshake premix pack, and whipped cream. You can even add chocolate chips as a topping. This milkshake can be the perfect choice as a serving drink at a party or gathering.
- Cold Coffee Milkshake: Cold Coffee Milkshake premix is used to make an instant cold coffee shake at home or anywhere in no time. The premix offers a rich and strong flavor of coffee. Cold coffee milkshake premix is for all the coffee lovers!
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake: This premix is added to the milk to make a thick, creamy and chocolatey milk shake. The texture of blended cookies and thick consistency of this milkshake is so pleasant that it feels like a warm hug on a sunday afternoon.
- Mango Flavoured Milkshake: One does not need to wait for the mango season to savour the richness of this flavour. Mango milkshake has a lovely creamy texture with refreshing mango taste. Mango Flavored Milkshake premix is added to the milk to make everyone’s favorite mango milkshake.
- Butterscotch Flavoured Milkshake: Butterscotch milkshake is on top of everyone’s favourtie list. You can even use a premix to provide authentic flavour.This creamy butterscotch milkshake is a great spring/summer dessert to cool down with.
- Kaju Gulkand Milkshake: Kaju Gulkand milkshakes are nutty and sweet in flavor. They provide a cooling sensation in the body. Using a premix can offer an authentic and rich taste. This milkshake is a perfect summer drink as it provides temperature balance in the body and may prevent heat strokes. It has a unique flavor and an enticing aroma.
- Rose Flavoured Milkshake: Rose Milkshake is a soothing milkshake that tastes divine. Rose Milkshake is such a winning recipe that everyone in your family can enjoy it. Rose Flavored Milkshake premix is used to make rose milk shakes at home or anywhere in no time.
- Banana Milkshake: This shake is perfect for those who love banana-flavoured foods or drinks. It includes ice cream, milk, and bananas. Again, it's up to you to create your own unique flavor combination by adding other ingredients like chocolate syrup or whipped cream.
Milkshakes are a classic dessert treat, and they're easy to make at home. Just like people prefer different flavours of coffee for socializing, the same goes for milkshakes. They are as much a part of the modern culture trend as is coffee. Whether it’s choosing a healthier option for something to drink or enjoying rich and creamy flavoured drinks with your family, milkshakes are the way to go.