A List of Super Healthy Seeds You Should Be Eating
Always looking for quick fixes to good health aren’t we? Busy schedules, indulgent lifestyles, crazy career aspirations, we have got our plates full for so long we can’t remember the last time we made efforts to think about eating for good health. Considering all of this, let’s talk about a super quick and convenient way to make sure that your diet stays in check with all the madness going around.
Seeds! Yes, they are tiny and can seem a tad insignificant but we can assure you that these tiny heroes can keep your entire health chart in check because they are loaded. Seeds are heavy on nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are necessary for our bodies to function well. You can eat them as you like and you won’t have to worry about weight gain and also at the same feel energetic.
A comprehensive list of all the seeds you need to inculcate in your diet to feel the healthiest and fittest:
- Chia seeds: Easily making it to the list of top healthiest seeds existing on this planet, chia seeds benefits are something to look forward to. These seeds are a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids along with polyphenols, regarded as necessary antioxidants. Just an ounce can provide around 10 grams of fiber. They can help regulate blood sugar, boost energy levels, improve cardiovascular health, avert diabetes, and facilitate metabolism.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds benefits are notoriously infamous for the degree of protection they provide against health issues like diabetes, cancer, cholesterol irregularities, and blood sugar problems. For vegetarians, who are unlikely to eat fish, these are a full proof shortage of omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. Additionally, they render essential vitamins and minerals to maintain your overall health. Flax has an astoundingly nutty flavor for people who are fans of this kind. These can be taken in a powdered or whole seed form.
- Pumpkin seeds: These seeds are very good with nutrient content and they also have tremendous health benefits like promoting weight loss, aiding diabetes, boost digestion, treat insomnia etc. Pumpkin seeds can regulate the cholesterols levels in a body because of the high antioxidant content and polyunsaturated fatty acids. A great choice for salads, barbequed veggies or a simple roasted snack.
- Sunflower seeds: Very famously known as ‘surajmukhi ke beej’ in India, sunflower seeds have an impressively high nutritional value and are becoming more popular by the day. Sunflower seed benefits come at you like an army because they are so many! To name a few, they can give you a healthy and supple skin, fight against bone depletion, prevent cancer and keep the blood sugar in check. One of the most alluring characteristics is that they taste very well and are loaded with fiber, vitamin E & B, selenium, protein, copper and magnesium, making them a power pack snack.
- Watermelon seeds: These are one of the most heavily loaded seeds in terms of nutrients. Watermelon seeds are a rich source of almost every good element; vitamins, omega 6 & 3 fatty acids, potassium, proteins, copper, magnesium and zinc. However, their calorie content is something to look out for so do check your quantity of intake. A single cup can contain as much as 600 calories. Other than this, they are a miracle for skin health, hair, regulating blood sugar, boosting energy and promoting bone health.
This was a quick guide to multiple quick fixes for maintaining your health. These seeds are as miraculous as they come and you can have them in the way you prefer. You can add them while cooking different dishes or you can top up salads and veggies with them. You can also consume them in their roasted form as a snack or refreshment after meals. Choose your way but make sure you have them because while you might disregard your dietary habits, we want to make sure you stay fit with the simplest of efforts.