Ever wondered why the smell of cinnamon enters your house even when your kitchen is closed? That's because of the wonderful aroma that you'll experience from this spice. Cinnamon is an earthy yet sweet spice that has been the subject of many tasty recipes for ages. This blog will introduce you to cinnamon powder-- what is it, what benefits it holds, how you should use it, and what goes well with it!
Cinnamon powder is a spice made from grinding dried cinnamon sticks. This powder has a delicious flavour that goes perfectly with sweet and savoury dishes, and it’s a great way to add some extra flavours to your cooking. Cinnamon powder is easy to find in grocery stores and can be blended with many different recipes.
Flavour and taste of cinnamon powder:
India is a land of various flavorous spices but when it comes to cinnamon powder, the flavour and taste are what make this ingredient so versatile. This powder has the warmth of a woody flavour with the touch of sweet notes that can easily delight your sweet tooth. The rich flavour and satisfying taste of the cinnamon powder are highly acclaimed and extensively used in bakery products.
If you are someone who loves trying new things when it comes to food, then you must definitely try the cinnamon powder. This wonderful seasoning can add a whole new dimension of flavour and taste to your food. Trust us, once you have tried it, you will never go back to the plain old salt and pepper!
Health benefits of Cinnamon Powder
If you're looking for a new seasoning to try, cinnamon powder is a great option as this powder works in a variety of ways. Not only does it have a wonderful flavour, but it also has several benefits. Here’s the list of a few amazing health benefits of the cinnamon powder that can be super helpful for you:
- Regulates blood sugar levels: Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels by blocking the breakdown of carbohydrates and proteins into simple sugars (glucose). By slowing down this process and blocking glucose from being absorbed in the body, cinnamon makes sure that you do not have to face the unpleasant symptoms of high blood sugar levels.
- Reduces heartburn: Cinnamon is known to reduce heartburn in several ways, one of which is by reducing acid reflux. If you suffer from acid reflux, then it may be necessary for you to try out cinnamon supplements or even cinnamon powder in order to reduce heartburn.
- Improves digestion: The active components found in cinnamon (cinnamaldehyde and cinnamyl acetate) are known to stimulate the digestive system and help improve the digestive process. Some people even find that this helps relieve and prevent nausea as well.
- Cures inflammation: Cinnamon is thought to help reduce inflammation caused by excessive levels of bad cholesterol in the body. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help to reduce pain and swelling in the body.
- Antioxidant properties: Like most spices, Cinnamon is also a natural and great source of antioxidants. This means that it can help to protect cells from damage and prevent disease.
- Fights microbial infections: Cinnamon has been shown to have antimicrobial properties. This means that it can help to fight off bacteria and viruses. Cinnamon is found beneficial in curing several microbial infections from lung issues to the common cold.
How to use Cinnamon powder?
Spices and herbs are the star ingredients to make any dish appetizing and flavourful. Some might think that cinnamon powder is only good for baking, the fact is that this spice can be used in a variety of dishes to add flavour and depth. Here are some tips on how to use cinnamon powder to create unique and delicious flavours in your cooking.
- If you’re looking for a new seasoning to try, cinnamon powder is a great option.
- Cinnamon powder can be used as a rub for vegetables. You can add it to vegetables before roasting them in the oven. The spice will give the vegetables a nice flavour and aroma.
- This powder helps in making tempting and savoury dishes like curries and stews.
- Cinnamon powder can also be used to make cinnamon tea or coffee. Cinnamon coffee is in fact a new trend in the food and beverage industry due to its rich taste and refreshing experience.
- You might be quite surprised by this but the cinnamon powder is sometimes also utilized in preparing pizza dough to impart a sweet flavour.
- The addition of this sweet powder can make healthy oatmeal into delicious one.
Which spice powders best compliment Cinnamon powder?
If you're looking to add a little more flavour to your food, then you might want to consider using cinnamon powder. But which other spices go well with cinnamon powder?
- One spice powder that goes particularly well with cinnamon is nutmeg powder. This is because they have similar flavours, but nutmeg is slightly sweeter. This means that they can complement each other perfectly.
- Another great option is to use ginger powder. Ginger has a slightly spicy flavour which works well with the sweetness of cinnamon. It's also a great way to add some warmth to your dish.
- Lastly, you could try using clove powder. Cloves have a very strong flavour, so you don't need to use too much of them. This makes it the perfect way to add a bit of depth to your dish without overpowering the other flavours.
Cinnamon powder is a delicious and nutritious spice. In fact, more than a spice, cinnamon powder is a sweet treat. It is one of the best spices to enhance the taste and aroma of your dish with its mere presence. Along with adding the right flavour to your dish it also keeps your sugar levels and blood pressure under check. You can easily purchase readymade cinnamon powder from an online or offline store if you are unable to prepare it at home.
So next time you're looking for a little something extra to add to your recipe, reach for some cinnamon powder - your taste buds and your health will thank you!