Honey is one of the oldest known sweeteners, and it has been used in recipes for centuries. From its exceptional flavour to its perfect consistency, honey is a versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and
savoury dishes. Made with the fresh nectar of plants, it is in fact a sweet delight. Honey is available in a variety of flavours. Each flavour has its
unique taste and aroma depending upon the plant from which nectar is collected by bees.
Not only does honey impart a unique flavour to dishes, but it also has many health benefits.
From boosting your immune system to helping with allergies, honey can be used for so much more than just sweetening up your favourite recipes.
In this article, we'll explore two recipes that make use of the delicious sweetness of honey — from savoury dishes to sweet treats — so you can explore the goodness of honey in all its forms!
Oats Honey Cookies:
Looking for a tasty treat that your kids will love but won't compromise on health? Then look no further than our honey oats cookies! With the sweetness of honey and the goodness of oats, these honey oats cookies are a delicious
and healthy alternative to regular cookies! These cookies are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. It has a mouth-watering flavour and rich texture that fills your kitchen with a heavenly aroma.
Read on to find out how easy it is to make these containers of goodness and rich honey flavour.
- Refined flour – 1 cup (125 grams)
- Oats – 1 cup (100 grams)
- Dark chocolate – 75 grams
- Butter – ½ cup (100 grams)
- Brown sugar – more than ½ cup (100 grams)
- Raisins – 50 grams
- Walnuts – 50 grams
- Re:fresh Honey – 70 grams
- Re:fresh Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
For the batter:
- Begin with finely crumbling the chocolate. Place the chocolate brick on a chopping board and chop it down finely. Finely chop the walnuts as well.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Whisk them until fluffy.
- Add honey and whisk again. Add cinnamon powder and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, mix refined flour with baking powder. Strain this mixture through a sieve.
- Add it to the whisked batter and stir.
Make sure the flour is mixed well with the batter, but don't beat it too much. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence, oats, raisins, walnuts and chocolate to the mixture and mix well. The batter is ready to make cookies.
- Put a silicone sheet over a tray, then spoon out some batter and place it on the tray.
- Keep all lumps at some distance from each other as the cookies will grow in size while baking.
- Place all the cookies on the tray in a similar manner.
For Baking the cookies:
- The oven should be preheated to 170 degrees centigrade.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes on a middle rack at 170 degrees Celsius.
- After this, check the cookies and if they haven't turned brown in colour then bake them for another 2 minutes.
- The cookies are now brown in colour. They are baked through. They took almost 12 minutes to bake. Let the cookies cool on a rack.
Honey oat cookies are ready. After they cool down, store them in an airtight container and enjoy eating them for up to 10 days.
Here's a suggestion:
These cookies should be baked for 10 minutes first at 170 degrees centigrade and then checked later. If uncooked, bake for two to three minutes more at 170 degrees centigrade and check again. Bake until brown.
Aloo Fry Recipe:
Are you looking for a delicious dish that is easy to make but still packs a flavour punch? Try this amazing Aloo fry recipe with a sweet and savoury honey dip! This simple yet scrumptious dish is perfect for any time of
the day and is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 10-12 Baby Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Cornflour 1 tbsp Water
- Re:fresh Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil or Butter
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Re:fresh Chilly Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Green Garlic
To Make Dip:
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Red Chilly Sauce
- 1 tsp Re:fresh Ajwain Honey
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- Take mayonnaise in a bowl, add red chilli sauce and lemon juice to it.
- For making the dish more tempting, add Ajwain honey to it. Blend thoroughly till it turns into a fine paste.
Here’s a suggestion:
Don't add salt to the dip as Mayonnaise and chilly sauce already have it.
- Take potatoes in a bowl and cut them into half from the middle.
- Add cornflour and salt(as per taste) into it. Finely mix them as such cornflour is nicely coated on the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add coated potatoes and top it up with chilli flakes and mix herbs. Add chopped green garlic too. You can also deep fry potatoes if you prefer crispiness.
- Slowly toss all the ingredients
Delicious Aloo fry is ready. Serve it with dip and enjoy.
Summing it up:
Honey is a wonderful ingredient to add to your recipes. Its sweet and delicate flavour adds a unique dimension to dishes, while its natural health benefits provide an additional boost of nutrition. We hope this article has
inspired you to try something new with honey and make the most out of its amazing properties. Not only are these dishes tasty, but they also offer numerous health benefits thanks to the goodness of honey.