Indian cuisine has always been known for its varied flavours, and when you mix it with Chinese cuisine, you get a unique blend that is loved by many. Indo-Chinese dishes are a unique combination of spicy and savoury flavours
that captivate the taste buds. This fusion has become a popular favourite among people of all age groups. And because they are packed with flavour, they are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate. Whether you're looking
for a quick and easy weeknight meal or something more elaborate for a special occasion, Indo-Chinese food has something for everyone. The distinctive Indian flavour of these dishes is due to the addition of masalas.
If your family is also a fan of this fusion food then this blog can help you make street-style food dishes at home. We will be using dish-specific
ready-masalas for adding tempting and true street-style flavours to the most loved dishes. So let’s get started.
Hakka Noodles Recipe:
Hakka Noodles is a very popular Indo-Chinese dish made with fried noodles sauteed with vegetables and spicy Chinese sauces. It is normally eaten on its own or combined with Manchurian or chilli paneer gravy. Here’s how you
can prepare an Indian street-style Hakka noodles recipe at home.
For boiling noodles:
- 8 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 packs noodles
- cold water (for rinsing)
For Hakka Noodles:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 2-inch ginger (chopped)
- spring onion (chopped)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- ½ cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Bell Pepper (shredded)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 2 french beans (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- ½ tsp Himalaya Pink Salt
2 tbsp Noodles Masala
- 2 tbsp vinegar
Instructions to prepare Hakka Noodles:
- Chop vegetables like cabbage, onions, carrots, bell pepper, french beans, spring onions too long thin strings.
- In a large vessel, add some water and heat it. Add Hakka noodles to that vessel of hot water and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Check if the noodles are cooked or not. Then drain the noodles in another bowl and rinse it by adding normal-temperature water to remove excess starch and keep the noodles less sticky.
- Take a pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat it. Then add chopped garlic cloves, green chilli and ginger and let it fry for some time.
Add Spring onions, and regular onions to the pan and let it cook for a minute. Then add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, french beans and let it fry for 2 to 3 minutes. The veggies should remain a little crunchy to give a good
texture. They should not be overcooked.
Add noodles to the hot pan and saute them well. Add Himalaya Pink Salt, vinegar, soya sauce, and red chilli sauce as per taste. You can even add 1
or 2 spoons of Tomato Ketchup. It will add a sweet and tangy touch to the dish. Do not add more soya sauce as it tastes bitter and it might change the taste of noodles.
- Toss the noodles and veggies on a high flame for 2 minutes. Add noodles masala to give a perfectly tasty and aromatic flavour of spices to your homemade Hakka noodles.
Mix and toss until noodles are evenly coated with sauces and vegetables for a minute. Turn off the flame and transfer it to the serving plate. Serve it with Hot and Sour soup or Manchurian Gravy.
Veg Manchurian Balls Recipe:
Veg Manchurian is a tasty Indo-Chinese dish of fried veggie balls served in a spicy, sweet and tangy sauce.
Dry Manchurian aka cabbage manchurian or patta gobi manchurian is an excellent dish served as a starter in many restaurants. It goes best with noodles, fried rice, schezwan fried rice or any other Chinese dish. You can relish it
on its own too.
Ready-made Manchurian Masala
- Mixed Vegetables -around 3 cups finely chopped
- All Purpose Flour / Maida -½ cup
- Oil -1 tsp + for deep frying
- Himalayan pink salt taste
- Pepper or Red Chilli flakes to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Spring Onion White part from 3
- Green Chillies - 3 chopped finely
- Tomato Ketchup -2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp.
- Himalayan pink salt taste
- Sugar -1 tsp.
Pepper or Red Chilli Flakes to taste.
- chopped Spring Onion Green.
Recipe for Veg Manchurian:
Heat oil in a pan, add in chopped veggies and saute it for a couple of mins. Remove it to a bowl and cool it down. Add in flour, salt, and chilli flakes readymade Manchurian masala and mix it well. Shape it into balls. Now
heat oil for deep frying, drop the balls in and fry till golden brown. Drain onto some paper towel and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in spring onion white part, ginger, garlic and chillies, and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in all the sauces, salt, sugar, and chilli flakes and mix well.
- Add in the fried balls and toss well in the sauce.
- Now add in spring onion green and mix well.
- Crispy veg Manchurian balls are ready.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Summing it up:
Readymade masalas are the easiest way to bring lip-smacking flavours to the dish. You can make Indian-style Hakka Noodles and Veg Manchurian recipes with ease at home.