Enhancing your taste with dry fruit Mango Chutney
Known as ‘The King of fruits’, Mangoes are super delicious and highly nutritious. Though mangoes are mostly found in India, they have wide popularity all over the world. Mango has been a part of Ayurveda for more than 4000 years. Mango is not only packed with super taste but is also a storehouse of nutrition. The only drawback of this mouth-watering fruit is that it is only available in summers. But the solution for eating it throughout the year lies in eating the dry form of mangoes. Fruits are dried naturally or dehydrated, removing excess water for maintaining longer shelf life.
Dried mangoes are part of several delicacies like candies, pickles, etc. But they are mostly consumed as a mixture of dry fruits, mangoes and other essential complementary spices, known as dry fruit mango chutney. Dry Fruit Mango chutney is a rich blend of ingredients like dried mango, ginger, cashew nut, dry fig, almonds, pistachio, dry grapes, dry date, cumin and red chilli. It is savoury and can be served with many different food items of Indian meals, fried snacks, dishes like chillas, tikkis, etc. Dry fruit mango chutney is easily available at online stores. This chutney, being rich in taste, is also rich in antioxidants, essential vitamins, fibres and micronutrients which make it very beneficial for our body.
Health Benefits of Dry Fruit Mango Chutney:
- Rich in Vitamins: Dry fruit mango chutney has an abundance of Vitamin A. This vitamin is very useful for healthy vision and a strong immune system. As such, consuming this chutney will help in improving eyesight, and treat various eye disorders like glaucoma and cataract. Dry fruit mango chutney is also rich in B-Vitamins. These vitamins are vital for keeping the mind alert and helps in fighting stress and depression. Thus, it is an efficient mood booster. Vitamin C content in this chutney is also high. It is vital for the growth and repair of all body tissues. It also reduces the risk of chronic health issues, manages high blood pressure, and lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Better immune health: The immune system is the first line of defence against any disease attacking our body and so, it is necessary to take its proper care. Dry fruit mango chutney is loaded with essential oils, calcium, proteins, and vitamins obtained from dry fruits and mangoes. These all help to increase the body’s immunity.
- Healthy bones: A higher amount of assorted minerals, calcium, iron, and micronutrients promotes bone formation and also enhances bone health-protecting them from any damage.
- The high content of antioxidants: Antioxidants protect our body cells from free radical damage which could otherwise lead to certain serious ailments like cancer and diabetes. With good taste, this delicious chutney also contains a high amount of antioxidants. Presence of antioxidants like phenols and mangiferin which are efficient in protecting our body.
- Supports healthy digestion: Spices and dry fruits, especially cumins and figs are filled with useful dietary fibres. Fibres help to remove toxic substances from the body smoothly. Fibres present in this chutney stimulates peristaltic motion, treats the symptoms of constipation and diarrhea, and thus keeps gum the system healthy.
Summing it up:Dry fruit mango chutney is made up of tasty and healthy ingredients. Eating dry fruit mango chutney is a nutty, savoury, and easy way to increase your overall nutrients intake.
- Might aid in weight loss: Ingredients of chutney are low in fat, carbohydrates, and sugar. And also its rich content of fibres keeps the digestive system healthy. Thus, the consumption of chutney helps in shedding some kilos.