How to control hair fall- why it occurs in the first place?
Posted on April 6th, 2021 11:27 AM
Increasing hair fall is a number one health concern for both men and women. Whether it is the hair you lose while shampooing, combing or moisturizing, increasing hair fall can have disastrous consequences. Many people try to stop hair fall by using anti hair loss oils, shampoos, conditioners, hair packs, and other cosmetics. In this blog, we are going to discuss tips for controlling hair fall besides the main reasons why hair fall occurs in the first place.
How to control hair fall?
- Oiling your hair: Using an anti-hair loss oil regularly can help nourish the hair roots and improve blood circulation. You should get your hair massaged with hair oil at least once a week and wash it off with a mild shampoo after 2 hours.
- Shampoo: You got to choose the right shampoo based on your hair type. If needed, take the help of an expert. Your hair scalp type should dictate the frequency of hair washes. If you shampoo your hair too much or too little, this can result in hair loss.
- Use a good conditioner: A conditioner should be applied regularly for your hair’s health. Its amino acids help to repair damaged hair and keep them smooth.
- Chemical treatments: Avoid excessive chemical treatments like colouring, perming, or straightening the hair to ensure there isn’t any kind of permanent damage. You also need to stay clear from using curling rods and blow dryers as they can make your hair brittle in the long run.
- Diet and Exercise: To ensure long and healthy locks, you got to have a balanced diet with ample amounts of iron and protein. Also, make it a point to exercise regularly. In fact, even doing meditation and yoga can help you reduce hair fall.
Why do we experience hair fall in the first place?
- Hormonal imbalance- Many women above the age of 30 experience hormonal imbalance which may cause hair loss. Usually, this is due to excessive dihydrotestosterone (DHT) conversion in the body. Women do produce limited amounts of testosterone and other hormones, but after the age of 30, the body converts many of these hormones to DHT.
- Lack of proper nutrition- In our fast-paced lifestyle, there are chances where your diet may be deficient in nutrients like proteins, vitamin D, iron, and copper. This can result in hair fall over time.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)- Women who suffer from PCOS may have higher levels of androgens. This may cause hair to grow on the face and body, while your mane may be prone to hair loss. In addition to this, PCOS also causes weight gain, pimples, and untimely ovulation issues.
- Birth control pills- One side effect of taking birth control pills can be hair loss. Hormones present in these pills can cause hair loss and also delay regular periods. In some cases, hair loss can occur even after you stop taking these pills.
- Thyroid ailments- If there is an imbalance to the normal production of the thyroid hormone, you could face hair fall issues. This may be along with other symptoms like sensitivity to temperature, changes in blood pressure, and weight gain or weight loss.
- Overuse of hair styling products- Using too many dyes and other toxic chemicals to style your hair can result in hair loss in the long run. In fact, there are many shampoos that contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which can corrode your hair follicles and stop hair growth. Experts, therefore, always recommend using natural shampoos and dyes.
- Stress- A lot of stress can cause hair loss in the long run. Minimizing stress with the help of exercises, yoga, and meditation can be extremely helpful to minimize hair loss.
- Ageing- With age, hair fall gradually increases. Hair strands become thinner besides starting to grey. For healthy hair, you should eat well and not give in to food temptations. If you suffer from premature hair greying, you can use natural supplements and dyes for a youthful look.
- Genetics- Hair loss due to genetics is called androgenetic alopecia. This condition can be inherited from either parent, though the likelihood of having this ailment is high if both your mother and father suffer from it.
A few last words…
Due to various reasons, the number of people facing premature hair loss is growing day by day. There are ways in which you can control it, simple solutions include using anti hair fall hair oil and shampooing and conditioning your hair on a regular basis. You should also refrain from using adverse chemical treatments on your hair which can result not only in hair loss but other disastrous consequences.
For men, thinning hairlines can mean going bald, but can the same be true for women? You need to take proper care of your hair to ensure you do not need to take drastic measures. Based on the solutions given, we are sure you can protect your hair from thinning even further.