A cozy monsoon afternoon is all about sitting back on the couch and enjoying some family time by sipping on a hot beverage or munching on your favourite snack. Monsoon is after all the season of beauty and serenity. There are several reasons to fall in love with the rainy season but one also needs to be cautious about diseases that the rainy season brings with it. For enjoying monsoons with good health you must keep your surroundings clean and hygienic, especially your home.
Your home is your own little world and so it requires special care in the season which is full of humidity and diseases. Protecting your home against dirt, germs and bacteria in this monsoon season is not an easy task. This blog gives you some great tips on how to add proper hygiene to your home during the rainy season.
Tips for maintaining a hygienic home this monsoon season.
Home care products play a very crucial role in keeping your home clean and shining. Here’s how you can keep your house spotless and family disease-free during the monsoon with effective home care products.
- Clean your floors: It is very important to keep your floors clean during the monsoon season. Dirt and mud can make your home look dirty and bring in a foul smell. Excess water on the other hand can lead to a slip and fall accident. Wet floors are also more susceptible to mould and mildew growth. To avoid these problems, sweep and mop your floors with an effective floor cleaner daily. Be sure to use a cleaner that is designed for tile or wood floors. A good floor cleaner cleanses all stains from the floor, leaves a brilliant shine and imparts a long-lasting fragrance. If you have carpet flooring, make sure to vacuum them regularly to prevent dirt and debris from building up.
- Don’t miss the bathrooms and toilets: Bathrooms and toilets are the hotspots of germs. For keeping such spaces safe for use, make sure to clean the toilet, sink, and shower regularly with Toilet cleaner and Bathroom cleaner. Also, be sure to keep the floor dry to prevent slips and falls. Toilet and bathroom cleaners are also very helpful in preventing the growth of mould and mildew, which can be dangerous to the health of your family. Also, they add a pleasant fragrance to the bathroom and toilet.
- Inspect your gutters and downspouts: Another way to keep your home safe during the monsoon season is to inspect your gutters and downspouts. Make sure that they are free of debris so that water can flow freely through them. Clogged gutters can invite deadly mosquitoes that might lead to vector-borne diseases like dengue and malaria.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: The kitchen is such a section in the home that needs to be clean and safe during the monsoon. Here are some simple tips to follow:
1) Wash all dishes, pots, and pans immediately after use. This will prevent bacteria from growing on them. Dish wash gel can be very beneficial in the effortless cleaning of dishes, adding fragrance and imparting shine.
2) Use a high-quality Kitchen Surface Cleaner which helps to remove tough grease & stains and gives the kitchen platform a sparkling shine.
3) Wipe down all surfaces, including the stove, countertops, and table, after each use. This will remove any food spills that could attract insects or rodents.
4) Keep food in airtight containers. This will prevent moisture from getting to the food and causing it to spoil.
- Inspect your home for leaks: Leaking pipes and roofs can cause serious problems during the monsoon season. Be sure to inspect your home for any leaks before the rainy season begins. The smallest of cracks in your home can carry water and lead to seepage. Water accumulation indoors and outdoors can be a reason for dengue-spreading mosquitoes.
- Clean windows and mirrors regularly: During the monsoon, the constant exposure to water droplets can cause your windows and mirrors to get dirty very quickly. To keep them clean, wipe them down with a good Glass Cleaner Liquid (product link) for adding a sparkling shine.
- Use a good sanitiser: Covid-19 has already made us aware of the benefits of hand sanitisers. It's important to keep your hands clean during the monsoon season since you'll be coming into contact with a lot of mud and water. Use disinfecting hand gel or sanitisers to kill any bacteria that might be on your hands. You should sanitize your hands before you eat after you use the restroom, and after you come in contact with any dirty surfaces.
- Use Air Fresheners: Air fresheners are a great way to keep your home smelling fresh and clean during the monsoon season. Just be sure to choose air fresheners that are specifically designed for use in enclosed spaces. Otherwise, you may end up breathing in harmful chemicals. An Air Freshener consists of a rich fragrance that removes the foul smell of monsoon and refreshes the atmosphere.
Summing it up:
The monsoon can be an extremely stressful season for your home. Water build-up worsens cracks, breaks and leaks which leads to an increase in mosquitoes in the locality. Ensuring your house is secure and free from bacterial and fungal infections is a must. A preventive measure one should take during the monsoon season is choosing the right home care products to protect yourself and your family from contracting an illness or a disease.