Methi:- Fenugreek Powder Benefits for Body, Skin, and Hair
Fenugreek powder often known as methi powder in India is one of the numerous healthy and beneficial Indian spices. Just like any other spice, it is a powerhouse of nutrients. However the special thing about this spice is that it has multi-purpose benefits. Although it is popularly used in Indian cuisine, it has also other benefits that provide skin and hair care. It is the ultimate solution to many of the skin and hair woes.
We bring you a comprehensive list of health benefits, skin and hair benefits of Fenugreek powder so that you don’t miss out on this marvellous ingredient. To make your job easier, we have also noted down ways in which you can use fenugreek powder.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek Powder
- Improves Heart Health:- Fenugreek powder is extremely good for heart. It lowers the bad cholesterol level and reduces the risk of heart attacks and other heart related diseases. It also controls the blood pressure and makes sure that heart rate is managed.
- Controls Diabetes:- Diabetic people should ingrain fenugreek powder in their meals as it is effective in controlling blood sugar level. It restricts sudden spike in blood sugar by improving insulin sensitivity. By reducing the absorption of sugar in our blood, it helps to manage diabetes naturally.
- Promotes weight loss:- Those people who want to reduce some body weight through diet should
buy fenugreek powder and include it in their meals. It is a warm ingredient and generates heat in the body which helps to keep the internal body active. By improving metabolism, it can help you shed few kilos.
- Helps in digestion:- Regular consumption of fenugreek powder helps to clear the digestive tract. It prevents several digestion related problems like constipation and gastritis. By managing the digestion process, it helps in easy absorption of food and prevents problems like bloating.
Skin and Hair Benefits of Fenugreek Powder
Fenugreek powder is a miraculous ingredient. Along with health benefits, it also provides skin and hair benefits. Due to its nutritional profile and antioxidants, it is beneficial for the overall body. There are very few natural ingredients which are beneficial for every element of the body.
Fenugreek powder has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which prove to be beneficial for the skin. Here are some of the skin benefits of Fenugreek powder.
- Reduces symptoms of ageing:- Fenugreek powder is considered as a natural remedy to prevent the signs of aging. Use it in a DIY skincare pack to prevent wrinkles, fine lines, sagging etc. It helps to keep the skin firm and tight.
- Promotes even skin tone:- Fenugreek powder helps to reduce skin issues like dullness, dark patches, hyperpigmentation and dark circles. It lightens the complexion by removing dead skin cells. Regular use of it helps to even out the skin tone.
- Moisturizes skin:- If you are looking for a natural ingredient that deep cleanses your skin and removes excess oil then look no further. Fenugreek powder does that and much more. It also moisturizes the skin making it smooth and supple. It is especially used during the winter season.
Fenugreek powder soothes the scalp and keeps it clean. Along with that, the nutrients present in it helps the hair to grow thicker and longer. Some of the benefits of fenugreek powder for hair are:-
- Repairs damaged hair:- Fenugreek powder acts as a natural conditioner that helps to treat dry hair. Dryness often damages the hair and makes the scalp flaky. A hair pack with fenugreek powder repairs and restores damaged hair.
- Reduces hair fall:- Hair fall is a common problem but that doesn’t mean it needs to be ignored. If you suffer excessive hair fall then you should apply a herbal hair pack with fenugreek powder in it. It helps to strengthen the hair from roots which ultimately reduces hair fall.
- Treats dandruff:- Dandruff can be quite irritating because of its repetitive behaviour. To prevent dandruff forever from your hair, apply hair pack with fenugreek powder in it. It cleanses your scalp and prevents dandruff from coming back.
Ways to use Fenugreek Powder
Since fenugreek powder is beneficial for overall health, it is also very versatile and can be used in many ways to avail those benefits. It can be included in our diet and used as an ingredient in face packs and hair packs.
- For weight loss and clear digestive tract, one should consume fenugreek powder with warm water early in the morning.
- You can even add fenugreek powder in warm milk to control blood sugar.
- You can even add fenugreek powder in your meals. For eg:- Salads, soups, curries, stews etc.
- Mix fenugreek powder with wither milk or yogurt and make it a paste. Apply this paste on your skin for a glowing face.
- Make a face pack by mixing fenugreek powder and lemon juice to cure acne and lighten the complexion.
- Heat coconut oil and then mix fenugreek powder in it to make a hair mask and apply it to get smoother and shinier hair.
Summing it up
In this blog, we came across numerous benefits of fenugreek powder. However, only pure and natural fenugreek powder can give these benefits to you. While shopping be aware of adulterated spices as they contain harmful chemicals. It is wise to buy certified and organic fenugreek powder.
4 Health Benefits of Neem Leaf Powder for Skin and Hair
Moringa Powder:- Top Health Benefits and Uses
Mint Leaves Health Benefits - Why it matters?