What are the best ways to consume Flax seeds?
Don’t go on their size, flax seeds truly are one of the most nutritious foods on earth. They are a powerhouse of nutrients and provide several health benefits. It is because of their small size and slimy surface that it seems like flax seeds are hard to get included in the diet. But they are more versatile than you think. It is very easy to incorporate them into your daily routine, you just need to know the right way to do it.
Here are some of the ways to incorporate flax seeds into your diet that we think you will love:
- Smoothies:- Flax seeds are high in plant-based protein. Those people who intake vegetable and fruit smoothies for a protein-rich diet should consider adding flax seeds into the mix. These small seeds will blend well with the rest of the ingredients to provide a nutty taste to the smoothie. To have a delicious smoothie in your breakfast, blend some fruits like strawberries and bananas along with flax seeds, add honey to the mix and then finally add milk to the blend. Nutrient-rich drinks such as these help you to stay fulfilled for a longer period of time.
- Desserts:- Who doesn’t like freshly baked cookies and muffins? We resist baked goods even when they are absolutely delicious because they contain a high amount of sugar and calories. To balance this, we need to add more nutrition to these sweet delicacies. Flax seeds go perfectly well with baked goods. You can either ground the flax seeds to make the texture thicker or you can add whole flax seeds to make the cookies or muffins slightly crunchy. Flax seeds increase the nutrition level of the baked goods making them healthier.
- Salads:- If you want to have a light yet nutritious meal, salad is the way to go. The best part about having a salad is that you can customize it and add any kind of vegetables and fruits you want. Usually, people go with fresh leafy vegetables and bright coloured juicy fruits. You can either add flaxseed oil to the salad or just sprinkle whole flax seeds on it. Flax seeds are high in dietary fiber which helps to suppress hunger and promote the feeling of fullness for a longer time. They are light, nutritious, crunchy, and nutty which makes them a perfect fit for salads.
- Mouth freshener:- Aniseeds are famously eaten as a mouth freshener after lunch or dinner. Sometimes flax seeds are mixed with anise seeds or devoured alone as a mouth freshener. There can be roasted and salted versions of flax seeds that are sold as mouth fresheners but raw flax seeds provide you with the best nutrition and health benefits. Flax seeds are high in soluble fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, calcium, and iron. They are gluten-free and help to control blood sugar spikes after meals. Flax seeds are commonly eaten as mouth fresheners in India. However, they should be eaten in moderation.
Summing it up
- Granola bars:- Granola bars are healthy and nutritive bars that provide a good amount of energy. These bars are a quick yet healthy snack option that you can explore if you want to avoid empty-calorie junk food. Granola bars mostly contain dates as a natural sugar source with oats and nuts as other nutritive ingredients. These bars help to stay fulfilled for a longer period of time. Adding flax seeds to granola bars increases the nutritional profile of the bars and adds a distinct texture to them. These chewy and heavy granola bars can definitely use some texture and nutty taste that flax seeds bring.
If you are someone who wants to explore the benefits of flax seeds for your health and incorporate them in one of the ways listed above, then you should shop for flax seeds online