Why date and tamarind chutney is the most loved chutney in India? Get to know its uses and benefits
Posted on January 15th, 2021 03:16 PM
Indians are well accustomed to the famous “imli ki chutney.” It is an integral part of our cuisine and serves sweet and tangy taste to various dishes. When it comes to a burst of flavor, there are many different types of chutneys made in India. One of the most loved chutneys, Tamarind Date Chutney is mainly made with the pulp of tamarind and date. It is a step further from the regular imli ki chutney as it is extremely rich in taste and nutrients.
Chutneys are usually an accompaniment to the main meals. However people in Indian love intricate flavors in their meals. That's the reason they love chutneys as well. Many of the main dishes are incomplete with chutneys. People especially love sweet and sour chutneys like Tamarind Date chutney.
Let's get to know some of the reasons why people love tamarind chutneys so much and also get to know about the health benefits we can claim if we include a traditional delicacy like this in our diet.
Tamarind Date Chutney uses in Indian cuisine
There is a historical and cultural sentiment attached to every famous dish in Indian cuisine which includes chutneys as well. For so many years, we are accustomed to eating sweet, spicy, and tangy chutneys as a part of street food, with home-made snacks, and also during lunch and dinner time. We have rarely ever thought about why these delicacies are prevalent in our entire country. People especially love the ones that are a mixture of flavor and ingredients. A hint of both sweet and sour titillates our taste buds and makes our mouth water.
Let's witness some of the uses of the most favorite Tamarind and Date Chutney.
- The sweet saucy taste is enjoyed with fried foods like pakoras, aloo patice, samosas, katchoris, etc. These are famous snack foods in India that are incomplete without tamarind chutney.
- The tangy taste of Tamarind and Date chutney is even required in some of the famous Indian chats. Tamarind Date chutney is an essential ingredient in Pani Puri, Bhel Puri, Chat Puri, Aloo Chat, Chhole chaat, etc.
- The Chutney can be even savored during lunch or dinner time to make regular meals interesting. It also helps in digestion which is why it can be savored with heavy meals.
The uses of tamarind Date Chutney are common to people. But what is not known to many people are the health benefits of Tamarind Date Chutney. All the benefits of the two main ingredients i.e. Date and Tamarind are combined in this chutney. Hence, it is easier to understand what benefits these two ingredients provide individually.
Health Benefits of Tamarind
The sweet and sour tamarind is not only very versatile but also has amazing health benefits. It is very nutritious and consists of nutrients like magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C, etc. Some of the most popular benefits of tamarind are:-
- Improves immunity:- The nutrients and antioxidants present in tamarind strengthen the immunity of our body. The antiseptic properties present in tamarind fight off the bacteria and viruses that cause diseases.
- Heart-healthy:- The properties in tamarind reduce the bad cholesterol and controls the blood pressure which helps in the normal functioning of the heart. It lowers the risk of heart diseases and heart attack which is why it is considered heart-healthy.
- Great for skin and hair:- Tamarind proves very beneficial in maintaining skin and hair health. It moisturizes skin and keeps it firm. It is a great anti-aging agent and boosts skin elasticity. It also improves hair quality by reducing hair fall and maintaining the pH level of the scalp.
- Controls Diabetes:- Eating tamarind helps to control the glucose levels that suddenly spike up after meals. It promotes insulin sensitivity in diabetic patients and overall helps in lowering blood sugar. People who suffer from diabetes should ingrain tamarind in their diet with the date and tamarind chutney.
Health benefits of Dates
Apart from their natural sweetness, dates are also known for their innumerable health benefits. They are a great source of nutrients like potassium, fiber, Vitamin A, etc. Some of those benefits are as follows:-
- Helps in weight gain:- Dates can help you attain healthy weight gain naturally. They are high in sugar, proteins, and other vitamins which help to increase muscle mass and ensure a healthy weight gain. The calories associated with dates are healthy as dates are very nutritious.
- Improves bone health:- Dates are widely known to provide strength to the bones. The nutrients present in dates such as magnesium, copper, etc help in improving bone density. Regularly eating dates can help to make bones strong and prevent conditions or disorders related to bones.
- Rich in antioxidants:- Dates are rich in antioxidants because of which they are known to have healing powers. Dates help to prevent many diseases by fighting off bacteria and viruses. The antioxidants in it boost immune cells and ensure the proper functioning of the system.
- Boosts energy:- Dates are a good source of natural sugars like glucose and fructose. It is nutrient-rich which makes intaking the natural sugars beneficial. Dates provide a boost in energy levels and help you to stay fulfilled longer.
Summing it up
Homemade chutneys are always the best. They are natural, unprocessed, and fresh. But many times you don't get enough time to prepare delicious chutneys at home. In this fast life, use the convenience of internet and buy chutneys online. Among various choices choose the ones that are certified, unprocessed and made from pure and natural ingredients.