Why is hibiscus powder so effective?
Ayurveda suggested using herbs for skin and hair care thousands of years ago. It’s a good thing that people are abandoning chemical products and gaining confidence in natural and herbal products day by day. Ayurvedic products for skin and hair care are back in the spotlight and for all the right reasons. One of the most effective herbs used is the hibiscus plant. It has bright coloured flowers and an immense amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
Hibiscus powder is extracted from the hibiscus plant for use in skin and hair care. You can mix it with home ingredients like yoghurt, honey or lemon. Even many other Ayurvedic powders like Amla powder and Santra Chilka powder (orange peel powder) go well with it. Listed below are some of the reasons why you should use jasud powder for skin and hair.
Chemical products claim to improve your skin but damage it further. If your sensitive skin can’t handle these products then you should opt for something natural to improve the quality of your skin. Here are some of the reasons why you should use jasud (Hibiscus) powder for your skin.
- Acts as an exfoliant:- Hibiscus or jasud powder is a natural exfoliant. If it is used in the form of a face pack, it can clear up the excess dirt and oil that gets built up over the time. Regular exfoliation is necessary to clear the skin and remove dead skin cells. Instead of using chemical exfoliants that can harm your skin, you can use natural and herbal, Ayurvedic jasud powder.
- Anti-ageing properties:- As we age, our skin starts to show signs as well. That’s why taking care of your skin regularly is very important. Every once in a while you should treat your skin and nourish it to delay the signs of ageing. Using jasud powder helps prevent problems like wrinkles, skin sagging and fine lines.
- Provides glowing skin:- Hibiscus powder improves the elasticity of the skin and provides a natural glow. A face pack including jasud powder will give a pink hue to your cheeks and make your skin look more clear and radiant.
- Removes tan:- The UV rays of the sun end up damaging our skin gradually. A lot of time out in the sun makes our skin dark, dull and pigmented. A natural way to revive the healthy glow and complexion of your skin is to use hibiscus powder and yoghurt/honey.
Our hair goes through a lot on a daily basis. Pollution, heating, chemical products and many other factors contribute to lifeless and dull hair. Just oiling your hair is not enough. Here are some of the reasons why you should use hibiscus powder in your next DIY mask.
- Rejuvenates damaged hair:- Dull and damaged hair needs a rejuvenating treatment. Hibiscus powder is extracted from a hibiscus plant that is rich in antioxidants and nutrients. Applying natural hibiscus powder to your hair will help you gain back healthy hair.
- Prevents frizz and smoothens hair:- If you want frizz-free hair without spending much on expensive serums then DIY hair packs are the way to go. One of the most popular ingredients in hair packs is hibiscus powder because of its conditioning properties.
- Fights dandruff and lice:- Hibiscus powder not only conditions the hair but also cleanses the scalp. It clears the excess oil build-up on the scalp and maintains its pH level. This helps to cure itchiness and prevent the occurrence of dandruff and lice.
- Promotes hair growth:- For hair to grow faster than usual, there are several tips and tricks to follow. One of the most effective is a hibiscus powder hair pack. It strengthens hair roots and works towards achieving long and thick hair.
Summing it up
Using hibiscus powder is very easy and effective. However, make sure that the hibiscus powder you are using is free from any additives or adulteration. One of the ways to ensure this is to buy branded hibiscus powder. You can buy 100% natural hibiscus powder online only at the Re:fresh website.