South Indian cuisine is a vibrant tapestry of flavours, colours, and aromas that tantalize the taste buds and leave an indelible mark on the culinary landscape. From the aromatic spices to the wholesome ingredients, every
dish tells a story of tradition, culture, and a deep-rooted love for food. Amidst the hustle and bustle of life, there's an undeniable charm in preparing quick and delicious South Indian dishes that transport you to the
heart of the region, right in the comfort of your own home. So, whether you're a seasoned chef or a culinary novice, get ready to embark on a flavorful journey that will awaken your senses and leave you craving for more.
Also Try: BEST SOUTH INDIAN DISHES THAT YOU MUST TRY.
Shimla mirch breakfast.
You should try this very easy breakfast, it is very tasty. You can take whatever you have in vegetables. Similarly, instead of dosa batter, you can also take chilla batter. This recipe is filling and wholesome. You can serve
it with a coconut chutney on the side for a tasty meal. Your kids will definitely love it.
- Dosa Batter - 1 Cup
- Chopped Onion - 1
- Grated Carrots - 1/2
- Chopped Capsicum - 1/2
- Salt as per taste
- Green Chilli - 1
- Capsicum Rings - 2
Re:fresh Idli Chutney Powder
- Sesame seeds
Steps for making:
- Take dosa batter in a bowl. Add carrots, capsicum and onion to it. Sprinkle pink salt on it and blend everything finely.
- Make idli chutney by mixing water with Refresh Idli Chutney powder.
- Heat the pan and place the capsicum rings on it. Slowly pour batter onto them.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds and Chutney Powder on t he batter.
- Cover the pan with the lid and heat on a slow flame.
- After a few minutes, flip the rings with batter and cover with lid again.
- Delicious snack is ready. Serve with ketchup and enjoy.
One Pot Rasam rice.
Rasam is warm and soothing South Indian dish. It is mostly served as hot piping besides rice. Here is an easy and effortless recipe that gets ready in minutes and satisfies your hunger.
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin (Jeera) - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - ½ tsp
- Dry Red chillies - 2
- Few Curry leaves
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
- Black peppercorns - ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves - 4 to 5
- Green Chillies - 2
- Tomatoes - 2
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Soaked Rice - 1/4 cup
- Soaked Toor Dal - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind water - 1/4 cup
Instant Rasam Powder
from - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1 ½ cup Water
Steps for making:
- Begin with grinding mustard seeds, black peppercorns, garlic chillies and green chillies.
- In a pressure cooker add oil, cumin, asfafoetida, dry red chillies, curry leaves and let them cook.
- Add tomatoes, coriander leaves, soaked Toor dal, tamarind water, Refresh Instant Rasam Powder, water to the pressure cooker and saute for a few minutes.
- Cook on a medium flame till 2 whistles.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
MASALA VEGETABLE IDLI RECIPE:
Masala idli is a quick and tasty snack made with idli batter, spices and herbs. The most healthy way to start your day is with a healthy breakfast or evening snack. It is filled with vegetables and spices.
Ingredients of Masala Vegetable Idli:
Instructions to prepare Masala Vegetable Idli:
- Take Idli Batter in a bowl. (you can use homemade idli batter or ready idli batter available in your nearest store).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix idli batter with grated and chopped vegetables, green chilies, green beans, green peas, carrots, corn, bell pepper, grated ginger, ground cumin, and salt. Mix well .
Lightly grease idli molds with cooking spray or brush them with oil. Fill the idli batter evenly in each mold. Place the idli mold tray in a steamer or high walled skillet with about 1" of water. Steam idli for 10-12
- Turn off the heat and let it rest aside for 5 more minutes. Then remove the idli from the molds from the edge with the help of a spoon or knife. Your super soft idli’s are ready.
For preparing tadka- in a pan put some olive oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and sesame seeds and let them roast. At low gas flame add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, Re:fresh Sambhar Masala and
Re:fresh Chaat Masala.
Add all idli into the tadka pan and mix it well. Finally you can add some yellow and red bell peppers, coriander leaves and Himalaya Pink Salt as per taste.Serve hot masala vegetable idli on your dining table. Enjoy!