Now the one good thing that the present-day lockdown has done to the human race is that it made a great deal of people learn the art of cooking. Some of us were born acers when it comes to whipping dishes but the rest have probably struggled a lot with it. All cuisines have been tried and tested upon. But, when it comes to perfecting a dish, even the most experienced chef would need a quick fix or hacks to make the miracle happen every time. Seasoning for food comes in as a savior here.
Everybody, from a beginner to a highly experienced chef, needs seasonings to make their food taste better. For a beginner these pre- blended herbs and spices can act as a reliable base before they learn their way around the kitchen. And for an advanced cook these can be quick fixes to whip dishes faster and make them uniform in their taste. These mixes render mind blowing flavors to dishes and sometimes are key to miraculous recipes. Let’s run through a few popular seasonings that can help you get started if you haven’t already:
- Barbeque seasoning: Barbeque seasoning is a blend that renders a smoky and spicy flavor and can be used in a dry form or a marinade form. You can use this blend to make a barbeque sauce by: mix 1 cup of seasoning with 1 cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of tamarind paste, 1 cup of tomato sauce and add 3 cups of cider vinegar after which, mix it all to form a sauce. This seasoning tastes like a marvel with barbecued meat, roasted vegies and other recipes.
- Chow Mein seasoning: When chow Mein noodles are taken alone, they make for refined carbs and has little dietary fiber. It can be made healthy by adding more vegetables resulting in more dietary fiber. The Chow Mein seasoning is usually mixed with parsley, black mustard and garlic to give you the desired taste. The seasoning consists of salt, lemon powder, garlic, parsley and pepper.
- Italian seasoning: The Italian seasoning blend has been inspired by the flavors of Italy. It uses a profuse amount of herbs along with moderate hear and is usually a blend of rosemary, dried oregano and basil thyme. It is made of black pepper, sea salt, garlic, rosemary and sage. The Italian seasoning symbolizes the most authentic and traditional flavors of Italian cuisine. It is very versatile in its use and has become a cult favorite.
- Mexican seasoning: Mexican seasoning is usually spicy and earthy in its flavor and is inspired by the Mexican culture. This can be added to cooked meat, soup and rice dishes. To make a scrumptious marinade, 1 tablespoon can be used as a dry rub per 1LB meat or can be combined with oil. A great way to make vegetable fajitas would be by adding one tablespoon of seasoning per two cups of vegetable and mixing lime juice as well as salt with it. The seasoning tastes very well when added to salads, stews, soups and beans.
- Pizza seasoning: This seasoning is a master blend of all the most desired pizza spices like basil, oregano, onion and garlic along with a selected few other ingredients to make this mixture taste unique. This super savory seasoning can spice up almost any pizza, be it a plain cheesy one or a fully loaded vegetable one. The mix can also be used to enhance readymade and homemade pizza sauces. It is the most traditional form of Italian herbs with can be combined with other spices and seasonings.
- Salad seasoning: A salad is supposed to be healthy for your gut and the salad seasoning only adds to the wholesomeness of it. The most balanced recipe for a salad would consist parsley, onions, turmeric, basil, dill tips, chives and sea salt with a tinge of lemon. The salad seasoning is a very pleasantly balanced mixture made of black pepper, yellow and black mustard along with parsley. Add an oomph to any salad by using this acing seasoning.
- Thai seasoning: Thai cuisine is famous for its flavors being sweet, sour and spicy at the same time. The flavors of Thailand are very exotic and can bring freshness to any noodle, soup, rice or seafood. The seasoning is salt free and renders an exotic, scrumptious twist to almost any Asian ensemble. This seasoning is a very easy way to bring the fresh flavors of this exotic cuisine to your plate.
These seasonings will always save the day for you! There will be no bad food days and nobody will have to stress over complex recipes after knowing the use of these heavenly blends.