Moringa Powder:- Top Health Benefits and Uses
Moringa leaves are taken from the miraculous Moringa tree for medical and consumption purposes. The natural powder of moringa leaves has immense nutritional value and is considered as a super food. It is a great source of Vitamins like Vitamin A, C and B Vitamins. It is high in protein, iron and calcium which makes it beneficial for eyes, skin, hair and vision.
Health benefits of moringa powder
Moringa leaves have been used as a traditional remedy since many years. There is no doubt that moringa powder has immense health benefits due to its high nutritional profile. Some of the most health benefits of moringa powder are as follows.
- Helps in detoxification:- Moringa powder is considered as a superfood because it has medicinal benefits that are backed by science. It helps in cleansing our body from toxins that bring diseases. It is proved to be a great detoxifying agent as it helps to purify the blood. It is a natural cleanser that fights off the bacteria, viruses, toxins and chemicals from the body. It helps to strengthen the immune system and maintain the normal functioning of the body.
- Protects against liver damage:- Moringa powder helps in better functioning of the liver and protects it from damage. It reduces the oxidation in the liver and also prevents further oxidative damage. The antioxidants present in it helps the liver to do detoxification of the blood properly. Regular intake of moringa powder helps to reverse the damage done by repairing the liver cells. Those who suffer from TB (Tuberculosis) should especially intake this miraculous powder in the diet.
- Controls blood sugar:- High blood sugar levels result in lot of problems and diseases such as diabetes, heart attacks etc. Moringa powder helps in stabilizing the glucose levels and increasing insulin sensitivity. Integrating moringa powder in the diet helps to control the spike in sugar levels that happens after meals. People with diabetes should especially include this powder as it is a natural way to manage the disease.
- Acts as an Antiseptic:- Moringa powder even acts as an antiseptic. It has healing properties and helps to heal topical wounds, injuries and cuts if included in a natural healing pack along with other medicinal herbs. It cleanses the wounds and fights off bacterial infections. Its antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties fight off any viruses that carry diseases in our body. It works effectively as an antibiotic and is obtained from a natural source so it doesn't have any side effects.
- Aids in Digestion:- Moringa powder is very beneficial for digestive problems and disorders. It clears the digestive tract and its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties kill off the bacteria that upset the stomach. It is also high in fiber which accelerates the digestive process and helps the food to get digested easily. Those who have frequent digestive problems like constipation, bloating or gas, should definitely include moringa powder in their diet.
- Improves skin and hair health:- Moringa powder is a powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants. Due to a high nutritional profile, it helps to improve the overall health of the body which also includes skin and hair health. It helps to reduce the anti-ageing symptoms like wrinkles, fine lines and sagging. In addition, it improves the skin tone and provides a natural glow. Applying moringa powder to hair reduces dandruff and adds shine and volume to the hair.
Uses of Moringa Powder
Moringa leaves are used for medicinal purposes since centuries. However, the general public is getting aware about the benefits of moringa in recent times and have started incorporating the powder in their diet.
Since it is a new addition to our diet in an attempt to eat healthy, many of us may not know different kinds of ways to use moringa powder.
Hence, we have prepared a list for you which will make it much easier for you to plan your diet with moringa powder included in it. The powder has a mild earthy flavour to it and can be mixed to any sweet or savoury recipes. Some of them are:-
- Add the powder to your morning smoothies. It will blend well with milk, vegetables and fruits.
- Mix it with your dinner soup. Your hot and delicious soup could use some extra nutrients and benefits. It works well with carrot or broccoli soup.
- Sprinkle it over your salads. Your salads would give you much more benefits if you add moringa powder to them. It can even enhance the taste of your salad.
- Stir it in your green tea to boost your antioxidant intake or add it with hot water and drink it in mornings before eating anything to improve your digestion process.
Summing it up
Natural supplements that provide nutrients we don't get from our regular diet are becoming more important every day. Moringa powder is one such superfood that can help you take your nutrition intake to the next level. Health conscious people who do not want diseases in long term have started to ingrain moringa powder in their diet.