What makes chutneys so special?
What’s something that’s legal but feels like a crime? Eating Indian snacks without chutneys. They complement the food so perfectly that they are not just an accompaniment anymore, they are an important part of the eating experience. You just cannot separate chutneys from some food combinations like curd rice and mango chutney or samosa and tamarind chutney.
What do chutneys have to offer?
Chutneys are often just eaten as a condiment but they provide a whole lot of benefits. Let’s have a look at the reasons why chutneys are so hyped.
- Distinct element in dishes: - Chutneys are an integral part of Indian recipes. Indian dishes have several elements to them. Every element brings its texture, layer, color, taste and flavor to the dish. Chutneys are vibrant and delicious. They complete the dish in every aspect and elevates the experience of dining.
- The burst of flavours: - Chutneys are generally known for providing additional taste to other dishes. They are used as a condiment in India. That’s the reason the ingredients used in the chutneys are really strong with respect to flavour. Many ingredients are mixed together in chutneys to provide a different yet strong taste.
- Rich in nutrients: - Traditionally chutneys were made at home with fresh ingredients and spices. Mangoes, ginger, garlic, chillies and coconuts are prevalent to make different types of chutneys. The ingredients and spices used in them make the chutneys rich in nutrients. They bring their own set of nutrients to the dish to add to the balanced diet.
- Immense health benefits: - There are hundreds and thousands of variants of chutneys loved by people all across India. Not only because of their taste and vibrance, but chutneys are also known for their health benefits. Integrating different spices and ingredients into your diet through chutneys can help you manage problems like high cholesterol, inflammation etc.
5 Indian chutneys you can’t miss!
Chutneys are those special delicacies that make dining fun. They bring so many flavors to the meal that we get hypnotized by them. They have become so inseparable that without them the meal feels incomplete and we cannot even enjoy the main dish. Here’s a list of 5 amazing chutneys that never let us forget how incredibly delicious they are.
- Tamarind Date Chutney: - Tamarind date chutney is India’s most loved chutney. Its sweet and tangy taste blends perfectly well with several Indian snacks like Pani puri, Bhelpuri, Aloo chaat etc.
- Dry Fruit Mango Chutney: - This chutney is rich in flavour, nutrients and taste. It has a mild nutty taste to it because of the dry fruits and sweet tangy taste due to mangoes. This chutney is perfect for people who can’t handle spicy food.
- Dry Garlic Chutney: - Garlic brings out a strong and feisty flavour that is dominant in Indian dishes. Dry garlic chutney is the perfect element that can be added to bland or standard meals. It elevates the quotient of spice and flavour.
- Farsan Chutney: - Farsan chutney is a special chutney that complements Gujarati snacks famous all over the world. It has a mild and pleasurable taste. Snacks like fafda, khaman, khandvi etc are incomplete without this chutney.
Summing it up
- Schezwan Chutney: - The love for fast food has for sure increased over the decade. The most famous form of fast food i.e. the Indo- Chinese dishes include schezwan chutney. This is a spicy and fiery chutney that provides an authentic taste.
Chutneys have an unparalleled place in Indian hearts. No matter which generation you belong to, you can’t resist mouth-watering delicious tangy chutneys. If you are someone who is looking to buy tasty and healthy chutneys online