Monsoon is one of the seasons we love deeply. The sky is beautiful and the weather is cool. With the advent of the monsoon, people love to get drenched in the rain and create some beautiful life memories. However, monsoon season is a time when our immunity is put to the test. The change in the weather and increase in moisture can lead to a variety of health problems, ranging from colds and flu to more serious illnesses.
The best way to prevent your body from getting sick during the monsoon season is through Ayurveda, an ancient literature that focuses on the use of powerful herbs to attain holistic health. This blog will guide you to maintain robust health during the humid days of the monsoon with the help of Ayurveda.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a holistic approach to medicine that has been practised in India for centuries. It is often referred to as "The science of life". Ayurveda practitioners believe that the key to good health is preventing disease before it occurs. Ayurveda practitioners use a variety of techniques to promote balance and prevent disease. These include dietary changes, herbal remedies, massage, and yoga. Ayurveda is not just a system of medicine, but a way of life.
You can sustain good health during rainy days by taking an Ayurvedic supplement that contains immune-boosting natural herbs.
How to boost immunity in monsoon: What is required?
With the change of season, our immunity also takes a hit. The cooler temperature and increased humidity in the monsoon can lead to a number of infections and diseases. But there is no need to worry, as Ayurveda can help you boost your immunity and stay healthy during this season.
Ayurvedic Immunity Boosters:
There are many ways to boost immunity naturally with Ayurveda. Some of the most effective methods include consuming immunity-boosting foods and herbs in form of Ayurvedic tablets and powder, massaging with nourishing oils, and practising stress-reducing methods such as yoga and meditation. Ayurvedic tablets and Ayurvedic powders are the easiest way to build better health naturally.
Let’s see some popular Ayurvedic tablets and powders for staying healthy:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an immunity booster that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It is known for its ability to enhance immunity, as well as its anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties. Ashwagandha can be taken in capsule form or as a powder that can be added to water or milk.
- Amla: This sour and bitter herb is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. It can help to protect your cells from damage and naturally improve your overall health. Amla tablets are consumed as a preventive measure to keep diseases and bacteria or virus related disorders away.
- Galo (Giloy): Giloy tablet is made from Giloy herb that has been used in Ayurvedic remedies for ages. It is used to boost immunity and protect you from various infections. It has immense healing properties which makes it a very popular herbal remedy. It is considered one of the best medicine to treat various fevers and other health conditions.
- Sudarshan: Sudarshan Tablet is made of ‘Sudarshan churna' which is a combination of many medicinal herbs. The common fever is often accompanied by other symptoms like cough and cold, for which, Sudarsana tablets have been proven effective for reducing fever and body pain.
- Ayush Kwath: Ayush Kwath is a formulation of four miraculous ingredients: Tulsi, Dalchini, Sunthi & Krishna Marich. It is enriched with numerous nutrients and antioxidants that prove beneficial to improving the immune system and keeping your body naturally healthy. Thus, Ayush Kwath is an effective solution for regulating immunity.
- Tulsi: Also known as holy basil, this herb is acclaimed in Ayurveda for its many medicinal properties. Tulsi is an effective immunostimulant that can help fight off infections. It can be taken in supplement form or added to food.
What are the Benefits of choosing Ayurveda?
- Ayurvedic tablets and powders are made from natural ingredients. They are safe to take and have no side effects. They can be taken regularly to help keep your immunity levels high.
- It helps to improve your digestion.
- An ideal way to keep your immune system strong during monsoon season.
- These medicines can also help to reduce the severity of cold and flu symptoms if you get sick.
- Ayurvedic products have antiviral and antibacterial properties that can fight harmful bacteria.
- A natural remedy for people who have weak immune systems.
Lifestyle tips from Ayurveda:
There are a few things that you need to take care of in order to boost your immunity during the monsoon. Here are some tips from Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine:
- Eat immunity-boosting foods: There are certain foods that are known to increase immunity, such as ginger, turmeric, garlic, and cumin. Incorporate these into your diet during the monsoon season.
- Keep your body warm: When it's cold and wet outside, it's important to keep your body warm. Drink plenty of warm fluids (herbal tea is ideal) and eat hot soups and stews.
- Avoid damp places: During monsoon, if you have to go out, avoid places that are damp or have standing water (such as puddles). These areas are breeding grounds for bacteria, fungi and disease-causing insects.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Eat fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains and legumes. Avoid processed foods, sugary snacks, and excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol.
Summing it up:
With the monsoon season upon us, now is the perfect time to incorporate some of these immunity-boosting tips into your daily routine. There are several ayurvedic herbs that can help to boost your immunity during the monsoon season. Incorporate them into your diet and see how they can help you stay healthy all season long!